An Amazing 21st Birthday
When I got the call at Lloyd Dunkley Photography I was very excited. It was going to be at the East Midland Conference Centre situated within the Nottingham university grounds, so I knew it was going to be on a grand scale. Food, drinks, singing & dancing performances and party, party, party.
- The event was a very well planned and organised event. Avi who’s birthday it was, is currently a student at Nottingham Uni, is the eldest four siblings and came from parents that had the mean to give him a party that he would remember for a very long time so they did.
- When I met Avi and his Mum Sue to discuss the party I knew this was certainly going to be an enjoyable assignment. They explained that they wanted all the 250 guests capturing as they arrive for the party then later candid documentation of the party.
- The dress code of Black and white for all guessed. The birthday boy was dressed in all black, his mum, dad and sibling were dressed in baby pink. They looked stunning and really did stand out from the crowd.
Well they really went to town
- The welcome to guests was very warm, the reception was a fantastic spread with homemade traditional food, fruit and probably the best chocolate fountain I have ever seen. The free drinks at the bar were very well received by all.
- I really enjoyed taking the posed pictures as people were arriving, but once that part of the evening was over I felt my real work begone. Street photography is a style of photography I enjoy and I found documenting the rest of the party was very akin to street photography.
- Avi sat centre stage in front of his guests while being entertained by singers and dancers who had practised their performance especially for him. Some of the performances were truly stunning.
- working in low light conditions with moving subjects, a challenge for even the most experienced photographers but extremely rewarding when we look back at the images.
- After the performances, it was time for the speeches. There were many stories spread over the last 21 years, mostly funny or mischievous ones. This is when the photograph speaks a thousand words. Tears, laughter, Joy, admiration, pride… I love my job!
- Following the speeches, the food hot delicious was served. The evening continued with a performance of Avi himself. Then it was time for everyone to dance have fun and enjoy the rest of the evening.
Thanks again Avi for allowing me to document your special day. Here are a few highlights of the event.